April Fool’s Day is all about trickery. This easy and delicious dessert is just as fun to make as it is to eat!
Bucket of Mud
- 1 18-ounce package of Oreo cookies
- 3.5 cups milk (skim, low-fat, or whole all work)
- 2 3.5-ounce packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1.5 8-ounce packages cream cheese – softened to room temp
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter – softened to room temp
- 1 8-ounce container of your favorite frozen-whipped topping (Like Cool Whip) – thawed
- CLEAN and empty buckets
- 1 package of candy bugs (such as gummy worms)
- Using a blender or Vitamix, pulse the cookies until finely ground. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding mix, whisking until no lumps remain.
- Using an electric or hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese and margarine (or butter) together until smooth. Stir in the pudding mixture until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cookie crumbs and whipped topping until blended.
- Spoon the entire mixture into a bucket, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Decorate the bucket with your favorite gummy worms or candy bugs!