Staying organized in your RV can be a challenge, especially if you have children, will be traveling as the seasons change, or just have too many items you can’t bear to leave behind! Here are some tips for organizing your RV before your next trip.
- Use 12×12 clear storage boxes to organize clothing in large cabinets and keep clothes from falling into a heap as you travel.
- If you use shoe boxes for organizing shoes or other items, make sure they’re clear and come with lids.
- To save space, you may want to hang shoes in a pocket organizer in the closet and use the shoe boxes for other items. Hanging shoe organizers can also be used to store folded clothing and linens in closets, and for toiletries on the inside of the bathroom door.
- Velour-covered hangers help keep clothes from slipping off hangers and making a mess.
- Stretchy Jersey sheets may be a better fit for odd-size mattresses.
- Keep items like shaving cream and deodorant upright in the bathroom cupboard with net curtain wire or small tension rods across the inside width of the cabinet.
- Shampoo and soap dispensers on the bathroom wall help minimize the number of bottles you must accommodate in a small space.
- Large hooks in the shower can be used to hold towels when no one is using it.
- Monogrammed towels are a big help with there are multiple travelers in the RV.
- Consider a Lazy Susan with a lip to keep items from sliding in cabinets or in the refrigerator; rubber mats cut to fit cabinets also minimize slipping.
- Plastic containers that are the size of the cabinets they’re in are easy to remove; you can pull out what you need and return the container to the cabinet.
- Small spice racks and hooks offer lots of extra storage space in deep cabinets.
- Hooks on the inside of kitchen cabinets can be used to hold universal pot lids, potholders, and dishcloths; use smaller hooks for measuring spoons.
- Stack baking sheets, cutting boards, platters, and splatter screens vertically on a wooden plate stand under the sink.
Organizing your RV will be much easier if you take detailed measurements and keep them with you on shopping trips. You never know when you’ll come across an organizing product that might be perfect – if only you can make sure it fits!
Reines RV Center offers many amazing RV accessories that will make your time on the road even more enjoyable. Stop in and see us for more great tips on organizing your RV!