Living life on the road doesn’t mean you have to cancel your favorite holiday traditions. And cooking an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner inside your RV is probably easier than you may think. Try these simple and easy Thanksgiving recipes to bring some holiday cheer to your RV park this November.
Yellow Squash Casserole
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups yellow squash (sliced)
- 35 buttery round crackers (crushed)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your RV oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the onion and squash in a skillet over medium heat, then pour in a small amount of water. Cover the mixture and let it cook until the squash is soft (roughly 5 minutes).
- Drain the onion and squash mixture, then place it in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crackers and cheese.
- Stir half of your cracker mixture into the onion and squash mixture.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the milk and eggs together, then stir in the squash mixture. Add 1/4 cup melted butter, then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread your mixture into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle the leftover cracker mixture on top.
- Dot with two tablespoons of butter and bake your casserole for 25 minutes, then serve.
No Cook Cranberry Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce (14.5 ounces)
- 6 seedless green grapes (halved)
- 1/4 can mandarin oranges (drained and sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 red apple (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Mix the cranberry sauce, mandarin oranges, grapes, coconut, apple, walnuts and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Let the salad sit for about 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
Stop By Reines Before You Hit the Road
Before you hit the road this holiday season, don’t forget to stop by Reines RV Center in Manassas for all of your holiday RV needs. Whether you need a little maintenance performed before another RV season or just a few camping supplies for snowbirding, stop in and see us six days a week.