October is National Seafood Month, and that means it’s time to start cooking up some tasty seafood dishes in your RV. Many RV enthusiasts think that seafood dishes can be too difficult to cook within the confines of a small RV kitchen, but these quick and easy meals will make you think otherwise.
Grilled Seafood Skewers
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 pound large sea scallops
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- 1/2 pound fresh prawns (deveined)
- Metal skewers
- Chop the salmon into bit-size pieces (about the same size as a scallop).
- Preheat the grill.
- Put the same type of seafood on each skewer to ensure each piece of seafood is properly cooked. Leave enough room on each end of the skewers to use as handles.
- Brush the pieces of seafood with oil once they are on the grill.
- Cook the shrimp and scallop skewers for roughly 2 minutes on each side or until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Cook the salmon skewers for roughly 1 minute on each side or to your preferred temperature.
- Serve with your favorite seafood dipping sauce and enjoy.
Foil Baked Salmon with Basil Pesto and Tomatoes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 medium tomatoes (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat your grill.
- Tear two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to wrap your salmon filets.
- Place one piece of foil on top of the other and brush 2 teaspoons of oil on the top piece.
- Lay the salmon on the foil.
- Brush each salmon piece with 2 teaspoons of basil pesto, then place the tomato slices on top.
- Wrap the salmon in the foil and place the packet on the grill.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then remove the packet and let it sit for roughly 3 minutes before eating.
Upgrade Your RV This Fall
Fall is the perfect time to upgrade your Virginia RV lifestyle. And Reines RV Center in Manassas is offering crazy discounts on new and used motorhomes, travel trailers and fifth wheels this fall season, so you can start living the RV lifestyle of your dreams.