Watoga State Park – Photo by Carolyn Lehrke (Flickr Creative Commons)
While there are many travel adventures to choose from when planning an over-the-road excursion, one option that has a little something for everyone are scenic state parks. These beautiful respites of beauty and relaxation also provide endless hours of outdoor activities.
Check out our web specials at Reines RV and put your vacation plans in gear with one of our exceptional recreational vehicles. With the perfect ride ready to go, you can clear your schedule and create an exciting itinerary with a trip to Watoga State Park.
The 10,000-acre park is open for winter if you’re in the mood for cool activities or start making your plans for summer fun and scheduled activities beginning Memorial Day weekend.
While you’re visiting Watoga, here are some of the activities you can enjoy at the pet friendly park.
- Hiking – enjoy the beauty of the park with a hike along the Greenbrier River Trail. Bring a backpack with a camera to snap the local wildlife along with snacks and water for a quiet picnic along the trail.
- Fishing – those who enjoy wetting a line can fish till their hearts content at the nearby Greenbrier River. Check for the proper fishing license before throwing in your line.
- Boating – this fun activity will keep everyone’s spirits afloat with the rental of a paddle boat or row boat to cruise along the 11-acre lake.
- Naturalist Program – during the summer months, park naturalists conduct a variety of activities to get you acquainted with the park. You’ll be involved with other visitors with hikes, campfires, slide shows, and sports events.
- Swimming – beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day, refresh yourself at the solar heated outdoor pool.
- Game Court/Recreational Building – kids have access to playground equipment along with ping pong, volleyball, badminton, croquet and basketball. There’s also shuffleboard and horseshoes for those looking for a slower pace.
Camping at Watoga is limited to two campgrounds for travel trailers. Riverside Campground is equipped with electric hook-ups and Beaver Creek is fitted with electricity. Both have grills, picnic tables, toilet facilities, central bathhouse, dishwashing stations and a coin operated laundry.
Our staff at Reines RV in Virginia can get you on the road to Watoga with everything you need from a service check up to accessories. Stop by and let us work our magic.