One of the top 3 class C motorhome brands, Four Winds motorhomes are known for their terrific value for the money. For families with children who want to travel, Four Winds Class C motorhomes are a great way to enter the RV market.
Four Winds offers 8 floorplans in their class C motorhomes ranging from 19 to 31 feet. They are available with a Mercedes diesel engine getting 17 MPG or a Ford E350 or E450 engine. The diesel models are on a Sprinter commercial van chassis and the gas models are on a Ford commercial van chassis.
The Four Winds Siesta models feature upgraded interiors and full body paint. Most of them are on the Sprinter chassis with the Mercedes diesel engine. Four Winds Siesta models are also available in the class B+ format with a more aerodynamic body and an entertainment center instead of the cabover bunk.
Four Winds motorhomes are manufactured by Thor Industries, the world’s largest RV manufacturer, which is the only company offering dealers and customers 24/7 support. Thor also provides their “concierge connection” program to their motorhome owners. With it, 30 days after purchasing, the customer gets a phone call from Thor. At 90 days, the customer gets a second call from Thor.
Thor does a unique “Gold Star” quality inspection of all of their motorhomes before they are sent to dealerships.
As described by Thor, “Going against the industry norm, Gold Star Inspection is a unique program in our industry. Thor Motor Coach requires every motorhome built to pass a detailed 200+ point Gold Star Inspection where many of our competitors simply spot check for quality on a few of their coaches. To take it a step further, every coach is subjected to a real world road test and a high pressure 360 degree rain test that simulates a tropical hurricane.
We will not allow one of our coaches to enter our dealer network without earning the Gold Star Inspection Seal.”
What’s new for 2012?
- A new floorplan, a 22 foot model with a U shaped dinette, will be introduced for 2012. It sleeps up to 6 people and will sell for the lowest price of any class C motorhome.
- A new miniature closet at the entry of the coaches provides storage space for muddy shoes, kitty boxes, umbrellas, tools or other items. Located at the side of the stairwell, Four Winds class C motorhomes are the only class Cs featuring this additional storage.
- A new “dream dinette” is now standard in the class C motorhomes. The “dream dinette” provides a spring loaded table that easily pushes down into place for additional sleeping space.
- New 22″ TVs with built-in DVD players replace the old 19″ TVs.
- There is a new cabover arrangement. The beds went from three cushions to two cushions for more comfort and ease of use. And a storage area and cup holders have been added.
- There is a new option of partial exterior painted graphics.
- Cabinets are now in a lighter glazed wood.
- A new Sprinter floorplan, the 24SR with double slides, features an industry first, a swing door bathroom. The double doors open in the middle and swing out to create one big room of the bedroom and the bathroom. Or they close the other way to close off the bathroom.
- Two new gas Siesta floorplans, both with double slides, (27SB and 29GB) have added mega storage in the back. A big door opens to a space for picnic tables, camping equipment, etc. These are the only class B+ lines with mega storage of this capacity.
If you and your family are ready to start creating lasting memories in an RV, a Four Winds class C motorhome will provide a great opportunity without requiring a large investment!